Monday, September 15, 2014

The indestructible one world futbol

A fund raiser for the world's children

Wilson, my hiking companion

Greetings.
In yesterday's blog, I laid out my objectives in training for Mount Adams:
  • Ascending at least 70,000 verticle feet before my 70th birthday.
  • Hoping to make it to 100,000 feet.
  • Climbing to the top of Mount Adams by the time I'm 70 (weather cooperating).
Now here's what I also hope to accomplish: I would like to send hundreds of indestructible soccer balls like the one pictured at the top of this post to children who can use them all over the world.

To promote this idea, I will be hiking with one of those balls, and passing out business cards with the oneworldfutbol.com Web address on the back of each card. When people ask me why I'm carrying a soccer ball, I will explain that "Wilson," my traveling companion, is the good will ambassador for the one world futbol program. I will ask them to autograph Wilson, and I will hand them a business card with this blog address on it, so they can follow the adventures of me and Wilson, and, perhaps, make a donation that gives some child, somewhere in the world, a virtually indestructible toy.

Every time I reach another 10,000-foot milestone, I'll be reminding you of the program.

I'm not asking for pledges. I've never liked asking for money. That's a personal decision between you and your wallet. But I am asking you to think about the children who could benefit from this program. And I'm asking you to share the concept of an indestructible toy that can survive in the world's most hostile environments.

Here are two links about the program:

I hope you'll take part. And I would love to hear from any of you who wish to write to me.

Love,
Robert

Uh...and Wilson





No comments:

Post a Comment