Monday, March 23, 2015

Four Rainiers, Two Everests

Any calligraphers out there?

In just a little more than a week, several of Wilson's relatives will be arriving in the world's "highest official capital," Quito, Ecuador. I will be there for a couple weeks studying Spanish. They will be there to meet some new friends who will kick them around for the rest of their days. Being virtually indestructible, they can take it.

It would be great if some of you donors out there wanted to recommend names for the balls that are heading that way -- preferably names in Spanish or Quechua (the language of the Incas). Make recommendations and send them to me at dancingpotter@gmail.com.It

It would also be helpful if someone with great calligraphy skills could write the names onto the futbols. Any volunteers?

So far the Wilson campaign has raised money for 78 balls, with the last purchase coming right out of the blue. I went to my Argentine Tango class Sunday, March 23, danced with stunningly beautiful women, and then approached the instructor to pay for the class. He turned around and surprised me with a donation to the Wilson campaign. That was so unexpected! Thank you, maestro!

The Wilson campaign to raise funds to send these indestructible futbols to young people all over the world has yielded 78 balls to date, toward my objective of 100 before this July. While training to climb Mount Adams, I have accumulated an elevation gain equivalent to four Mount Rainiers (Rainier's elevation: 14,409 feet  above sea level) and two Mount Everests. Wilson came with me for the majority of those distances. One more Rainier and I've reached the original goal of 70,000 feet before my climb up Adams in July. That goal is well within sight; the 60,000-foot milestone is only three Capitol Hills away.

Thanks to all of you for your ongoing interest.

Love,
Robert, and
Wilson


No comments:

Post a Comment